* Deliver Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs For Clients: Trainers must greet clients upon arrival and build rapport by engaging in light conversation about the client’s health, review last workout, discuss upcoming workout, coach form discrepancies and set expectations of areas to improve in the upcoming workout. The trainers then provide the workouts either on a one-on-one (Renaissance Exercise Protocol) or Semi Private (FIT Protocol) in accordance with set company standards. You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs.
* Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review exercise log worksheets and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
* Perform Quarterly Measurements: Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, bodyweight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
* Coach clients through our program: You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients your working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
* Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
* Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
Required Skills: These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
* Good Communication Skills: you will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
* People skills and personality- must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
* Health and Fitness Education: You do not need personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness
Bonus Skills: If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
* Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
* Basic nutrition knowledge
* National Certification
* Kinesiology Degree
* CPR Certified
Continuing Education: Trainers are expected to hold or work toward various certifications including a current CPR certification, group personal training certification with AFAA and certification with Renaissance Exercise. All trainers are required to attend the weekly personal training meeting to discuss the training manuals and practice protocol.
Direct Report: Fitness Director
Compensation: Ranges between $26 and $34 per hour